We are Available 24/7
Imagine you are just getting ready for bed, but decide to take down the Halloween decoration box. Once you reach the bottom of the steps, you hear swoosh, smoosh as you walk across the floor. Soon you notice the water that has invaded your home. Who is available at this time of night?
SERVPRO® of Austin & Albert Lea
We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year including holidays. Fire and water damages do not usually happen during normal work hours. They can happen on holidays, weekends, late-night, early morning, or happen during the work hour and go unnoticed until you get home.
Call SERVPRO® of Austin & Albert Lea at (507) 396-6644 we are Here to Help® whatever the time of day.
We Are Here For You And Your Business
When you think of SERVPRO, you probably think of restoration after fire or water damage. While it's true that we are experts in the field of emergency services including document drying and electronics restoration, we are also your best resource to handle a variety of other tasks to keep your business running smoothly. These include:
- Professional Cleanup and Odor Removal
- Designing a custom Emergency Response Plan (ERP) for your business so your buildings and employees are ready in case disaster strikes
We know running a business is time consuming and there are tasks that you simply may not have time for. Let SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea take care of the details. Call us today at 507-396-6644 and find out how we can help you.
Way to Help Mitigate Damage
One of our main concerns in the cleaning and restoration industry is to mitigate damage when it occurs with the overall main goal of preventing further damage. Obviously, we cannot prevent “acts of God” but there are a few relatively easy and cost-efficient tasks that go a long way to help mitigate damage or potential damage. Let’s cover a few of these tasks that relate specifically to spring.
- One of the first things we can do, and potentially the easiest, is going to your local hardware store and purchase an aerosol can of lubricant for the float shaft of your sump pump. Depending on each home’s setup this pump tends to get more use in the spring/summer months. If there are some days during the winter in which this pump is not used as much and rust can form on the shaft your float is on. This can make your pump stick to and burn your pump or malfunction
the other way and not remove water and cause flooding in your home.
- Second…gutters. I know it is not convenient but grabs your ladder and clean gutters, or at least the downspouts. One of the easiest ways for water to enter your home is a gutter or downspout being plugged. There is a board behind your gutter called the facia board. Water typically flows over the edge of the gutter and through the edges of this board immediately accessing the tresses, rafters, ceiling materials, etc. With a little bit of time and inconvenience, a lot of potential damage can be avoided.
- Third. Check your HVAC unit and all the systems and components associated. Do a visual
inspection and make sure there is no debris in the ac unit located outside. Check vents and
registers making sure that there are no obstructions to the flow of air. Keeping good air
movement in your home can help prevent mold and odor. Potentially the most important is the
replacement of HVAC filter/filters. These filters trap a lot of particulates but if the routine
replacement does not happen that particulate can be redistributed throughout your home.
Replacement of filters also helps to mitigate the threat of fire.
- Finally, windows. With the dramatic temperature changes and condensation, windows can move slightly. In some instances, this movement can be enough to let in precipitation, bugs, dust, etc. The condensation around windows can be a starting point for mold too. Keep an eye on the frame of windows and if necessary, a simple spray of mold killer can keep microbial growth to a minimum.
Addition to mold remediation, fire cleanup, and water mitigation SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea also offers reconstruction services? After our team is done with drying out your home/business or removing smoke-damaged materials, we can put your home/business back together. The convenience and savings of working with one company to assist with mitigation and repairs can be significant. Have you been considering remodeling your kitchen? We can help. Does your bathroom need an update? We do that too. From start to finish, we can manage your reconstruction project!
Here are just some of the reconstruction services SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea offers:
- Drywall repair and installation
- Floor repair and replacement
- Kitchen and bath installation and remodeling
- Cabinet and trim replacement
- Insulation installation
- Ceiling repair
- Painting and texturing
- Finish Carpentry
- Setting/hanging doors
SERVPRO of Austin &n Albert Lea is Here to Help!
Post Construction Clean-up
Whether you are building a new commercial structure from the ground up, or simply taking on a long-overdue renovation project, it is a big job! The entire construction process can be lengthy, stressful, and messy! After the job is complete you may be left with an even bigger mess to clean up before you get your business up and running. Let SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea take care of that headache for you. Our full line of specialized cleaning services includes post-construction cleaning. You wouldn’t hire a car mechanic to repair an airplane, so why hire a maid service to tackle the big stuff? You need a specialist with the staff, equipment, and techniques to handle a large job. Our highly trained team members will clean every inch of your newly finished project and make it shine for your opening day. As part of a national franchise system with over 40 years in the cleaning industry, SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea knows how to deliver on our promise of outstanding results. Call us today at 507-396-6644 for more information.
Extreme Storms Can Be Devastating!
After an out of nowhere event called a Derecho hit our neighbors to the south in Iowa last year. It showed us that the weather can be even more unpredictable than we thought. With warmer temperatures there is an increased risk of severe weather. Falling tree limbs, hail, and high winds can cause damage to your roof. If you suspect that your home may have sustained damage in a storm, safety is your first priority: do not try to assess the damage to your roof by yourself. Stay on the ground and call the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea at 507-396-6644. We can provide emergency roof tarp installation and board up services that will help to prevent secondary damage caused by weather.
In The Blink of an Eye!
Unexpected disasters can happen in your home in the blink of an eye. When we received a call for a flooded basement, in a short amount of time one of our Project Managers arrived on the scene, he noticed there was a break in the customer's hot water pipe. This pipe had to have been leaking for a few days. The basement had about an inch deep of water.
Our crew turned the water off and immediately started extracting the water. Unfortunately the steam and the time period it was leaking caused mold to start growing. We removed the damaged drywall, ceiling tiles and cleaned all affected areas.
Call SERVPRO® of Austin & Albert Lea at (507) 396-6644 to make it "Like it never even happened."
Integrity and Professionalism
SERVPRO technicians are certified and trained to conduct themselves with the utmost integrity and professionalism. Not only do they possess the hard skills to get the job done, and done right and effectively, but to handle each job with tact, delicacy, and professionalism requires a rare set of soft skills that is an essential requirement from our team members. Let’s be honest. Usually, when people call us, they are having a pretty rough time. Whether it be a biohazard situation, a fire or water loss, or for any of our services. It is overwhelming to see so much positivity not only from one another but from customers as well after the job has been completed “Like it never even happened.” Daily, our customers trust us to enter their homes and their lives. Handling them, their situation, and each and every job with integrity and professionalism is what keeps our customers happy. Our aim is To be the premier cleaning and restoration company in the world. We can’t do that without the expertise and integrity of our employees and the support of our customers. Thank you.
Finding a Contractor in Austin & Albert Lea
An increase in the number of storm-related claims may lead to an increase in the number of unscrupulous roofers and contractors who are willing to take advantage of homeowners. You need to be cautious when dealing with contractors who offer to repair your home.
- Only do business with licensed contractors with good references.
- Always request a written, detailed estimate.
- Never pay for the work upfront, nor make any payments in cash.
- Never sign a contract with spaces left blank.
- What is their business address? If the company has a PO Box or doesn't have a local address, they probably aren't a local company.
- Ask about some references for work they have done in this area. Local companies should have plenty of projects you can see in the area.
If you are being asked to sign by a contractor in doubt about anything, don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t feel pressured into signing anything. Take time to do your research, and if you are unsure about anything in the agreement, WAIT until you’ve had an opportunity to look it over more carefully and discuss it with your insurance agent or adjuster.
Floods Are Not Always Caused By Rain.
Most people will immediately think flooding due to heavy rain. We know that heavy rain cause damage to your home and property, but most often, the water damage we fine are due to a plumbing issue. Damage to an average-sized house can run a homeowner thousands of dollars.
When SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea receives a call for a burst pipe or water heater, our responds quickly so they can remove water as fast as possible. Once we’ve removed all the water, we immediately begin the drying process to both personal property and the structure. One of the things we do during the drying process is to set up are dehumidifiers. By removing moisture, we lower humidity levels in the home creating a drier environment which allows evaporation to happen and that helps save building materials such as drywall.
As the dehumidifiers work, SERVPRO technicians use extraction devices to dry any carpeting. This allows them to remove more water. Unlike carpet, most carpet pads are inexpensive, so we usually recommend replacing verses attempting to dry them.
If you need our help for any type of water damage, call us at 507-396-6644. Let us be your first line of action to reduce the effects of water damage in your home or business