Barbeque Fire Damage in Austin?
July is the Peak Month for Grill Fires
According to the National Fire Protection Association, (NFPA), between 2014 and 2018 barbeques, hibachis and other outdoor grills were involved in an average of 10,600 home fires per year. In a research report published by the NFPA, 18 percent of grill fires occur in July. SERVPRO® of Austin & Albert Lea wants Austin residents to know that we have years of experience dealing with fire damage losses and no job is too big or too small. Our fire damage restoration specialists will work with your insurance company and help you with the paperwork and process. Here are some grilling safety tips offered by the NFPA:
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches
- Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill area
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and from the trays below the grill
- Never leave your grill unattended
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container
If your property experiences fire damage, SERVPRO® of Austin & Albert Lea is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 507-396-6644. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage in Austin “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Austin & Albert Lea is Independently Owned and Operated.