Things to do for Water Damage until Help Arrives in Austin & Albert Lea
If your home or business in Austin & Albert Lea has water damage, you can do some things before help arrives.
Make sure that the building or home is safe.
SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea Wants You to Remember:
- Waterlogged materials are very heavy
- Wet surfaces are slippery
- Make sure electrical power is off before you handle devices
- Make sure you are standing in the dry area before you turn on the electric power
SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea suggests that you:
- Remove excess water with mops and/or towels
- Wipe water from wood furniture or other items
- Remove wet cushions. Prop them upright to dry
- Hang up rugs to dry
- Place foil or blocks between furniture and wet carpeting
- Turn on dehumidifiers or air-conditioning if it is safe
- Move colored items from wet carpeting
- Move artwork to a safe, dry place
- Move loose items from the floor or counters
- Start drying items ASAP
- Remember that mold starts growing within 24 hours
- Stay away from rooms that have sagging ceilings
If disaster strikes your home, call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 507-396-6644.
SERVPRO® of Austin & Albert Lea is Independently Owned and Operated.