Fire extinguishers help save lives. SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea helps save your home.
According to the NFPA, keeping a fire extinguisher near an exit for an easy escape is a best practice. Having a fire extinguisher in your home can help reduce the chance of a large-scale house fire. Call SERVPRO® of Austin & Albert Lea to repair the damage to your home and its belongings.
SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea: Emergency Services are Available 24/7/52
Fire damage is bad, and it gets worse rapidly, so don’t hesitate to call for professional help. Training, experience, and specialty equipment are necessary to remediate damage and clean up after a fire. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Austin and Albert Lea is a franchise professional.
Call us at 507-396-6644:
- Appallingly late
- Startingly early
- Major holidays
- Minor holidays
- Snow days
- Rain days
- Clear days
- Foggy days
- Any day
- Any time
Fire Extinguishers Save Lives – But Do Not Substitute for Firefighters
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has several observations about home-use fire extinguishers:
- Buy all-purpose extinguishers for home use – they should be small enough for anyone to use while being powerful enough to extinguish a fire
- Ensure everyone knows how use them
- Keep one near each exit to make escapes safe
- Have fire extinguishers near places where fires are likely to start, including fireplaces, kitchens, and certain crafts
- Outside of an escape, use a fire extinguisher only under the following conditions:
- Everyone else is outside of the building
- Firefighters are on the way
- The fire is small and contained
Those of us who work at SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea need to take a moment to acknowledge our local firefighters. You do a brilliant job. We appreciate you every day.
Smoke Damage in Your Home
We know where to look for smoke damage:
We look for smoke residue:
- Directly above the flames and on upper floors, ceilings, and attics
- Outside walls and windows
- Enclosed spaces such as bureau drawers, closets, wall spaces
- Behind curtains, blinds, other window treatments
- Inside air ducts, even if the system wasn’t running
- Around nail heads in the ceiling (smoke cobwebs)
SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea understands how to remediate smoke damage:
- Plastics and other human-created material burn hotter than natural materials, and leave different types of residue
- The residues require special cleaning techniques
- Cleaning vinyl or related material also requires special care – our teams know how to clean various materials
- We eliminate even lingering odors from so-called “wet smoke” and “protein smoke”
- Our teams can salvage textiles, marble, wood, tile, and delicate materials
- Call us (507-396-6644) to learn how else we can help
January is National Oatmeal Month. You can commemorate oatmeal by enjoying the cereal for breakfast, eating oatmeal-raisin cookies, oatmeal-chocolate-chip bars, or by making a strawberry banana oatmeal smoothie.
SERVPRO of Austin & Albert Lea also helps restore homes and belongings to their preloss conditions. Check our website for ways we can help bring your property back to its original condition.